nl

Boosheid en Ontladen

L'arbre de vie
L'arbre de vie jan 16 '13
Hoi allemaal,

Ik had de behoefte om een topic te starten over Boosheid.

Toen ik klein was, stond ik als ik boos was als vanzelf in de hoek van de kamer, met mn hoofd naar beneden. Later werd daar nog wel eens over gegrapt, maar eigenlijk is dit helemaal niet grappig. Want kennelijk heb ik als kind niet geleerd hoe ik mijn boosheid kan uiten: ik nam daar kennlijk de ruimte niet voor (had het gevoel dat dat niet mocht): ik heb dus niet geleerd hoe ik mijn boosheid kan uiten. Later toen ik ouder werd, verviel ons gezin vaak in het patroon dat boosheid zich opbouwde en op een gegeven moment ontaarde in een 'ontploffing'. Want ja boosheid wil er toch echt uit. Een hoog drama gehalte wat nogal ontprettig was en sluimerde.

Nu ik al een aantal jaren niet meer thuis woon, merk ik hoe dit zo z'n sporen heeft achtergelaten. Die boosheid is vast gaan zitten in mijn lijf, voornamelijk mijn kaken. De reden dan ook dat ik nu bij Kaakfysiotherapie oefeningen moet aanleren om meer ontspanning te krijgen in mijn spieren. De oorzaak zit echter in mijzelf.

Wat ik dus lastig vind is om mijn boosheid op een 'goede' manier naar buiten te brengen, te Ontladen. Vind het moeilijk als ik de uitnodiging krijg dit te doen, dat het dan gezien en ontvangen wordt. Het blijft als het ware op slot zitten en dat maakt me dan nog geirriteerder:S Ik heb het wel een paar keer alleen geprobeerd, door met een stok op een kussen te meppen, maar voordat ik het weet ben ik dat boze gevoel kwijt....

Nou weet ik dat boosheid op zich altijd over Eigenliefde gaat. Daar kwam ik in een aantal sessies op uit. Maar het stukje ontladen, vind ik dus erg lastig.

Wie herkent dit en wil zijn/haar ervaringen of tips delen?

Grtjs,
L'arbe de vie

Delen:
admin
admin jan 16 '13
Quote:
Ik heb het wel een paar keer alleen geprobeerd, door met een stok op een kussen te meppen, maar voordat ik het weet ben ik dat boze gevoel kwijt....

Ik begrijp de MAAR in deze zin niet ... zo zie ik ontladen, dat je het kwijt raakt. Of het nu gebeurt doordat je erover nadenkt, een eind gaat wandelen of door met een stok op een kussen te slaan. Wat bedoel je, wat zou jij dan het liefste willen?
L'arbre de vie
Wat ik bedoel is, dat er kennelijk iets in mij gebeurd, waardoor ik schiet in de afleiding, waardoor ik me niet meer bezig hoef te houden met het boze gevoel. Afleiding dus en niet voelen. Iets saboteert in mij dus om boosheid te uiten.. dat bedoel ik..
admin
admin jan 16 '13
Bedankt voor je reactie; hier ga ik even op kauwen; misschien kan ik dan een zinnig antwoord geven, iets waar je misschien wat aan zou kunnen hebben.
Ondertussen kwam ik deze tegen; misschien heb je er iets aan

admin
admin jan 16 '13
Ook zag ik deze; beetje lang maar wel duidelijk (vind ik)

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” ~Carl Jung

He was shorter than me with a mustache, and he was positioning himself in front of me, but just off to the side of the line. He was traveling with a young teen, probably his son. I knew that when the line moved, he would take one assertive step and insert himself and his kid into the line ahead of me.

I sneaked a look at his boarding pass and it read B53. I was holding A51. It was my first time being in the A boarding group on Southwest, where your position in line is determined by when you check in online.

I checked in exactly 24 hours before the flight, specifically so I could be in the A group. I deserved this. This guy didn’t.

Not only was he butting, he wasn’t even an A. He was a B. He should have been sitting down waiting for his group to be called.

He smiled at me. Trying to make friends? Mocking me? He knew I had seen his boarding pass. His son fidgeted nervously with an iPod.

I was flying home to Oakland from Denver, and on the ride over something similar had happened. My number was B4, but there were at least seven people ahead of me. Three people were butting!

On that flight, it wasn’t clear who was a butter and who wasn’t, so I didn’t say anything. I ended up feeling taken advantage of.

Here was the choice again, and a lousy choice it was, say nothing and feel like a chump, or say something and feel like an uptight agro-jerk.

I went for choice B.

“Excuse me sir, what number do you have?” He gave me a stare.

I started to waiver and began explaining, “I, ah, just want to see where I should….” I trailed off. I was trying to make nice, but there was no hiding my aggressive intent.

He relented his stare and showed me his boarding pass with the look of a man beaten in a poker hand. “Go ahead of me,” he said. He let out a long sigh of annoyance. I avoided eye contact.

The line moved forward. I gave my boarding pass to the agent. As I entered the corridor that connects the airport to the plane, I looked back. I was hoping the agent would bust the man for boarding with the wrong group.

Instead, I saw the young teenager enter the corridor without the man. The teenager was flying alone and his father, I am guessing, was just anxious to make sure his kid got on the plane with a decent seat and enough space for his bags.

I felt embarrassed. All that drama to make sure one kid didn’t butt me line.

I realized it was time for a little reflection. What could I, like the Jung quote says, learn about myself here?

The first thing I realized is that someone butting in line triggers me. My first reaction was an emotion: anger. But when I looked deeper I saw that beneath the anger, fueling it was a fear of being powerless.

There was also the thought that I was being taken advantage of. In fact, I remembered a little voice in my head at the moment the mustached guy butt in line: “He thinks he can butt in line, and you won’t say anything. He thinks you’re weak.”

In essence, I was playing out a story line in my head that didn’t have much to do with the reality of the situation.

The truth was the guy was probably worried about his son. Or maybe he butts in line all the time. Either way, his action wasn’t a statement about me.

I am not saying I did the wrong thing by speaking up. In fact, I got the last exit row seat, and I might not have if I didn’t say anything.

What I am saying is that because I got triggered, my range of action was limited (in my own mind) to an unsavory choice between being wimpy or overly aggressive. There was no option that would leave me feeling good about my decision.

Everyone has trigger points, places where they are vulnerable. When these places get touched they cause us to lose our sense of perspective and can cause us to act in a way that is out of touch with our values.

For me, the series of events (inner and outer) looked like this:
◦Situation: man cuts in line
◦Feeling: anger, fear of being powerless
◦Thought: “I am being taken advantage of”
◦Action in response to thought: Call him out for butting
◦Feeling in response to situation: Guilt (feel like a jerk)

Now that I am aware of this trigger point, I can watch for it in the future and employ a simple strategy to diffuse this internal reaction. Here is the plan the next time someone butts me in line or for when you get triggered in general:
1.Notice you are triggered. This is the most crucial step. It gets easier with practice.
2.Take three slow breaths. This defuses the emotional reaction and helps you find your balance.
3.Let the old storyline—in my case, “I am being taken advantage of”—fall away.
4.Try to see the situation from a less personal place. Ask yourself, what is really going on here?
5.Check in with your values and assess how to deal with the situation. In my case, the next time someone cuts me in line I want to think about whether it is a time where I need to stand up for myself, or whether I can let the line butting roll off my back

My hope is that I can get to a place where if I decide I need to say speak up, I can approach the person from a calm but firm place, minus the indignation and aggression. If I decide not to speak up, I hope I can let the incident go, and move on.

In this case, the action I take is less important than the emotional place I am coming from. Either way, I want to remain calm and centered.

Through this process of breathing, seeing what is happening in myself, and letting old storylines drop, I am allowing a triggering situation to be an opportunity for growth.

This is not easy work. Places where we are vulnerable usually don’t heal overnight. It takes practice, patience, and a sense of humor to keep cool when someone or something pushes your personal buttons.

But the benefits are great: by practicing when someone butts me in line, I am learning one of life’s master skills: staying calm in the hurricane of my own emotions.

Photo by tanya_little
L'arbre de vie
Wat trickert mij, dat is een goede!

Lijkt me wel een uitdaging, om op het moment dat ik getrickerd wordt echt even een moment adempauze te pakken om me bewust te worden waar die emotie nou eignelijk over gaat: is het oud of niet? Dat ik als het ware even boven de situatie ga staan en doorgrond hoe ik dat het beste kan aanpakken. Om dan vervolgens een andere keus te maken dan dat ik in eerste instantie zou doen.

Denk wel dat de schrijfster gelijk heeft dat dat soort dingen 'veel oefening' 'geduld' 'sense of humor' kost als investering in jezelf.

Mooi stukje tekst! Thanx:D
MoonFlowertje
MoonFlowertje jan 17 '13
ergens in je onderbewuste wordt de vraag gesteld: Is dit het waard om ruzie over te maken? Waarop je antwoord: nee eigenlijk niet... (in je onderbewuste zie je de mogelijke gevolgen)

maar dat betekend niet dat je er niets op mag zeggen
je mag zeggen dat je iets niet leuk vind, of dat je je ergens aan ergert... zolang jij niets zegt, veranderd er niets!
en blijf je net zolang doorgaan tot de bom barst
Er komen momenten dat je van te voren al weet wat er komen gaat!
Dat maakt je nog kwader...

tenminste zo ben ik dan...

tongue

groetjes Moonflowertje

ps. een hobby kan een uitlaatklep zijn, bijv. schilderen
de wereld om je heen even helemaal vergeten
muziekje er bij, beetje nadenken waarom de dingen zo gaan enzo
het helpt bij het verwerken van de boosheid, gewoon door er over na te denken! en ondertussen maak je nog iets moois ook...

het helpt bij mij wel!

Social Services

Delen:

Netwerk

carina
Helderziende magda
Angela
Ies
Annemarie
Roy
Patske
xXBertDeZienerOpenaarDesDerdeOogXx69x420